[argyllcms] Re: Display measuring at maximum brightness beneficial?

  • From: Iliah Borg <ib@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 22 Jun 2011 08:44:52 -0400

As I see it, determining the real black point involves a series of measurements
at low luminocities to find such L where readings between this L, a=0, b=0
differs from the reading of the same L with a/b changing to +/-2. It depends on
the monitor and the instrument.  I tried a different approach, extrapolating
for the black point based on the measurements of the higher luminosity. It does
not work well.

--
Iliah Borg
ib@xxxxxxxxxxx