[argyllcms] Display dark zone problem

  • From: Іван Циба <ivantsyba@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 13 Sep 2011 15:45:21 +0300

Hi everyone
Some monitors have problems in deep shadows zone: from max black to
some level of grey no detail is seen on display.
Please tell me algorithm, that help me to fight this problem.
Try to manipulate screen brightness/contast with grey step  chart on screen?
Or try to increase black level during calibration (via video card
LUT)? If yes, how to determine brightness of black point that I must
to set? Too high black point will reduce my screen contrast and too
low black level will not help me with this problem.
I'm using ArgyllCMS with Eye One Display 2

Thanks for attention, and sorry for my English