[argyllcms] Re: Display calibration with Eye-One Display 2

  • From: Graeme Gill <graeme@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 22 May 2007 16:02:43 +1000

Tilo Nitzsche wrote:
I have played with it a bit. The measurements now go through fine.

OK, good to know that this problem is solved.

I can build a matrix profile that looks very reasonable, except for neutral
colors where it has some color casts. For the patch with the most visible
color cast in my test picture, it creates a value of (27, 26, 22), the
corresponding value from an i1 Match profile (which looks perfectly neutral)
would be (27, 26, 26). (perceptual rendering intent, no blackpoint
compensation)

Did you calibrate the screen first ? Commercial systems like i1 Match
combine calibration and profiling into one operation, whereas Argyll
is a collection of tools, and this is a two step process. A matrix
profile will fit much better on a calibrated display. The result
is often a bit disappointing if used with an uncalibrated display.

I tried building a lut profile (Adobe RGB as input space) but it's totally
screwed up with color casts, dark colors going black, lots of banding. (The
stats from profile didn't look too bad, IIRC about 6.5 max dE, 0.6 average
dE.)

No idea. Send me the .ti3 and the command line options you used, and
I'll take a look at it.