[argyllcms] Re: Display calibration with Eye-One Display 2

  • From: Tilo Nitzsche <tricorus@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 21 May 2007 03:33:24 -0700 (PDT)

>       I was wondering if you have tried out the Beta4 snapshot
> with your Eye-One Display, to see if it addresses the problems
> you were having ?

I have played with it a bit. The measurements now go through fine.

I can build a matrix profile that looks very reasonable, except for neutral
colors where it has some color casts. For the patch with the most visible
color cast in my test picture, it creates a value of (27, 26, 22), the
corresponding value from an i1 Match profile (which looks perfectly neutral)
would be (27, 26, 26). (perceptual rendering intent, no blackpoint

I tried building a lut profile (Adobe RGB as input space) but it's totally
screwed up with color casts, dark colors going black, lots of banding. (The
stats from profile didn't look too bad, IIRC about 6.5 max dE, 0.6 average

I tried increasing the waiting time for the measurement start in dispread
from 50ms to 500ms but that didn't really make a difference.

(I used 1000 patches, defaults in targen for generating an RGB target.)

I can send you a .ti3 if that helps.

-- Tilo

 a better Heartthrob. Get better relationship answers from someone who knows. 
Yahoo! Answers - Check it out. 

Other related posts: