[argyllcms] Re: Display calibration

  • From: Graeme Gill <graeme@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 02 Dec 2007 00:45:19 +1100

Frédéric Mantegazza wrote:

0.70 (BETA6)

There were a number of improvements to display profiling with Beta 7.
I'd really suggest using that instead.

See <http://www.freelists.org/archives/argyllcms/10-2007/msg00031.html>

Could it be a problem with lcms-based apps? All of them show the images with the same red color saturation. Is there a tool in argyll suite to convert a picture in the monitor color space? Then, if I display it without any color engine, it should look the same. Am I wrong?

I'd correct the problem with the white point before going further.
Yes you can convert images using imdi/cctiff.

Without knowing quite what you're doing, it's hard to say
much else. A very green white point could result in the opposite
looking result (red) with some combinations of calibration and
profiles.