[argyllcms] Re: Display Colorimeter support - other instruments

  • From: obalix <obalix@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 25 Oct 2006 22:12:39 +0200

Hello Graeme,
while waiting for the support of Eyeone by ArgyII, there's may be an intermediate solution which can help among of us, people with eyeone can use native tool like eyeonematch or profilemaker etc... to adjust their monitor first, like luminosity, contrast, and white point on some model, in the case of apple's display, we can only adjust luminosity so... it's quite simple to find the optimum value. Do you think that it's possible to allow the creation of an .cal using data measured by measuretool, we can have a specific charts for lcd or crt for exemple, we can do this already with 'profile' and 'logo2cgats' but for display, we need to calibrate it to match a target gamma curve, white point first ?

Obalix.

Le 25 oct. 06 à 05:50, Graeme Gill a écrit :

Milan Knizek wrote:

I have a recent (two months old) GretagMacbeth Eye-One Display 2 and can confirm the above vendor and product IDs:
0971:2003 Gretag-Macbeth AG.

Milan and Patrice,
thanks for the USB information. In the intervening time I've gone
and bought an I1 display 2, and while it has the same USB identification,
I have reason to believe that the interface it uses has changed somewhat
from the previous model. I suspect that an I1 Display 2 LT will be
identified slightly differently again.

Without some sort of support from the Manufacturer, it's all
harder than it should be though ...