[argyllcms] DispcalGUI does not accept the Argyll executables

  • From: newindustar <newindustar@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 22 Mar 2010 16:32:02 +0000 (UTC)

I had a new installation of Kubuntu Karmic and installed dispcalgui once I added
pythonwx from software manager.  I downloaded the 1.1.1 archive and left it in
my download folder. When I started dispcalgui I was able to direct it to
downloads and it happily usesd the Argyll executables from there, (dispcal,
colprof, spyder2, etc) and I had no problem calibrating my monitor.

I managed to break my installation after a while for reasons unrelated and after
a fresh reinstall I again installed dispcal and pointed it to the unarchived
1.1.1 Argyll bin folder.

My problem is dispcal complains the location does not contain the Argyll
executables. I can see them all there when I am navigating there through dispcal
but they and all the contents of the bin folder are grayed out. I tried a few
locations like directly in home and it did not help so I don't think it is
permissions related. I had also installed Argyll 1.0.something from Software
Manager which put them into other user/places. When I navigated to those
executable locations through dispcalgui it also show them grayed out and would
not accept them either. I unstalled the 1.0 version through Software manager
thinking it might be a version to old for dispcalgui and tried repointing to my
1.1.1 bin folder in my home folder but that did not help.

Any ideas why it won't accept the bin folder with the executables right under
it's nose espcially as It worked the first time?

Thanks