[argyllcms] Direct matching between two displays

  • From: Ivan Tsyba <ivantsyba@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 12 Feb 2012 14:39:30 +0200

Hi list.
I try to calibrate two displays to the same state: set identical white
point chromaticities, brightness of white and black points, make both
absolute (or this was wrong?) 2.2 gamma. Then I try to open two copies of
the same image on both displays in Photoshop CS5 and I can easily see
differences between images, especially in neutral areas: one image greener.
Photoshop uses both display profiles, I see it when image dragged on
another display.
On one display I set white point using OSD controls, and before calibration
started, gray desktops backgrounds is almost identical, but after
calibration this monitor became noticeable greener, especially in dark
areas.
Both displays are cheap LCD and I'm using Colormunki Create and latest
dispcalGUI.
Any suggestions?