[argyllcms] Re: Difficulty profiling new iMac

  • From: Udo Lembke <ulembke@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 14 Sep 2007 09:34:42 +0200

Ben Goren schrieb:

No matter  what I do,  the dark shadows,  from about L=2  to L=16,
have  a greenish,  maybe slightly  blue, cast  to them. (Sometimes
they're  yellowish instead  of  bluish.) The worst  is usually  at
about L=6. The exact area and peak have varied with the particular
profile.

Hey,
perhaps i have the same effect with the Apple Cinema Displays 20".
I'm not able to build a satisfactory profile. The dark areas are blueish, or have a magenta touch.

I have testet it with the V0.7 b4 and two different Apple Cinema Displays (both 20"). One Display under Linux and Mac, the other only with an Mac. Also i used two different Calibrators: an i1 and an i1pro, with the same result.

The error occurs already in the .cal-File. But i test only with -qh and max. 1000 patches (with 255 grey patches). I would test this in the next time again with V0.7b5 and -qu and 3000 pawithtches but Bens experience make me not very hopefully.
with

With the "eye one match 3"-Software can i calibrate the displays.

Udo