[argyllcms] Re: Difficulty profiling new iMac

  • From: Ben Goren <ben@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 14 Sep 2007 07:40:32 -0700

Just for kicks,  I just downloaded the Eye-One  Match software and
profiled the display  from it. The overall appearance  of the gray
ramp is,  at first glance,  more neutral. However, what  it really
does is bounce  back and forth between  bluish and yellowish. It's
something like this:

            +---------+------------------------------------+
            |    L    | color                              |
            +---------+------------------------------------+
            |  0 - 1  | black                              |
            |  2 - 3  | yellowish                          |
            |  4 - 6  | bluish                             |
            |  7 - 9  | yellowish, with a hint of green    |
            | 10 - 12 | bluish, with a hint of purple      |
            | 13 - 16 | yellowish, with a hint of green    |
            | 17 - 21 | bluish                             |
            | 22 - 23 | yellowish                          |
            | 24 - 27 | pretty neutral, slightly bluish    |
            | 28 - 29 | yellowish                          |
            | 30 - 31 | pretty neutral, slightly bluish    |
            | 32 - 36 | pretty neutral, slightly yellowish |
            |   37    | darker than 36                     |

And  from that  point,  the  pattern repeats  but  gets harder  to
discern as it gets lighter.

Here's the profile:

Cheers,

b&