[argyllcms] Re: Difficult in calibration

  • From: Graeme Gill <graeme@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 05 Nov 2009 10:06:06 +1100

manold@xxxxxxxxxx wrote:
Today I have try to calibrate my old Imac with Dispcal. Below the results: the average and maximum error at the end are worse than at beginning. Why?

Possibly because each round uses twice the number of test points
of the previous round, and so it is looking for values it
hasn't found before (calibrating parts of the neutral
curve it hasn't looked at before). Display drift during
calibration can also have this effect.

[Attempting to get perfect neutrals near black is basically
 impossible in many situations because the control is limited
 (typically 8 bit precision) and the display and instrument
 have poor repeatability near black. This is compensated by
 the fact that it's so dark that it's hard to see any hue. ]