[argyllcms] Re: Different approach to profiling?

  • From: Ben Goren <ben@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 11 Sep 2007 23:40:11 -0700
On 2007 Sep 5, at 2:03 AM, Lars Tore Gustavsen wrote:

> On 9/5/07, Ben Goren wrote:
>
>> Sorry 'bout  that -- I  realized I had  left out ``-i  j'' from
>> that line when I tried to follow my own instructions later that
>> evening. As Graeme has already pointed out, you need to specify
>> the Jab color space.
>
> Thanks for helping again. Looks like  I have one more colorspace
> on my reading list.

If you find anything informative, let me know. Google doesn't seem
to know about much more than the the patent....

> And Ben has  you talked your mother to use  device link profiles
> for her scanner yet? :-)

Hey, I may be nuts, but I ain't *that* stupid.

I'm  very  proud of  my  mom. She's  slogging  her way  through  a
self-paced GoLive class, and  doing quite well. After she finished
that, she's planning on  tackling Photoshop CS2. I'm betting that,
in a  year or two,  she'll be spending  as much time  in Photoshop
creating her art as she does  with a brush and paper...but she's a
long way away from that right now.

I could see me  hacking together an AppleScript something-or-other
that prompts for files that she  could use to do that. But, first,
I've got to figure out how  to turn off automatic color correction
in her  HP LaserJet  so that  I can  actually profile  the blasted
thing....

Cheers,

b&