[argyllcms] Re: Different approach to profiling?

  • From: "Lars Tore Gustavsen" <lars.tore@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 4 Sep 2007 22:38:47 +0200

On 9/3/07, Ben Goren <> wrote:

> After reading  lots of Google  results about device  link profiles
> and the like to get some clue  as to exactly what you were telling
> me to do, it only took a couple minutes to:
>
>      1) tiffgamut -v -c md ProPhoto.icm Flattened.tif
>
>         (Small catch: save the TIFF without transparency!)
>
>      2) icclink -v -G Flattened.gam -i p -c md -d pp ProPhoto.icm
> Printer.icc Linked.icm
>
>      3) cctiff -v Linked.icm Flattened.tif Print.tif

With this method, do you have to do the tiffgamut step for every image?

When I try this, I get a failure at the icclink step:
**********'
(clipped output)
No explicit curve on input profile
Gamut mapping mode is 'Mapping inverse A2B'
Gamut mapping intent is ' p - Perceptual (Preferred) [ICC Perceptual]'
Creating Gamut Mapping
 Finding Source Colorspace Gamut with res 8.000000
icclink: Warning - Image gamut is wrong colorspace for link (Lab != Jab)

and it ends with

gamut map: Gamuts aren't compatible
Creating smoothed near points failed
icclink: Error - Failed to make gamut map transform

I can link the profiles if I  skip the "-G file.gam" step.
Anyone have an idea what I have done wrong?

Lars Tore Gustavsen