[argyllcms] Re: Different applications & renderings

  • From: Benjamin B <benjamin_b@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 22 Dec 2011 22:59:38 +1300

Am Mi, 21 Dez 2011 schrieb Kai-Uwe Behrmann:
> From: Benjamin B <benjamin_b@xxxxxxxxx> Subject: [argyllcms]
> Different applications & renderings Date: Thu, 22 Dec 2011 00:57:45
> +1300 "Geeqie and rawtherapee are pretty close. Gimp is far off.
> Firefox looks the same as gimp."
>
> That could mean that Gimp and Firefox dont see the system profile and
> no EDID, which the later can create a ICC profile from. Both might
> simply assume sRGB.
>
> Kind regards
> Kai-Uwe Behrmann

New concepts by the minute -- I had never heard of EDID. However I don't
have a system profile installed as far as I know. Should I? What system
are we talking about anyway -- KDE or X or Linux or something different?

Anyway in the latest comparison between all four applications there's a
little difference between Firefox and GIMP too.
http://img805.imageshack.us/img805/1410/cmall.png

Getting more confused... Is there a good overview of all the bits and
pieces anywhere that I could read? This is for anyone who knows :)

Cheers,
Benjamin.