[argyllcms] Re: DeviceLink Profile refining

  • From: Graeme Gill <graeme@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 12 Feb 2007 14:34:31 +1100

marcel nita wrote:

After the first step of refining, the patch starts turning to magenta: ( 0,
0.8, 0, 0 )

Again, there is a relatively small number of patches( when compared with the target size ) which do not improve after the first step. That is why I asked
if you guys find correct the idea to ignore corrections that make the
abstract profile worse for some regions of the CLUT.

The refine program is a bit experimental, in that it hasn't been
widely used or evaluated. In spite of my efforts to tame it,
it also doesn't respond very well when faced with out of gamut
target colors. I found in simulations that it tended to bounce
from good to bad each iteration for those colors. Any "noisiness"
of the printer/instrument readings (ie. lack of repeatability)
will make things difficult as well.

I'd need to see much more detailed information to comment any further.