[argyllcms] Re: DeviceLink Profile refining

  • From: "marcel nita" <marcel.nita@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 11 Feb 2007 07:05:45 +0200

The error which needs to be compensated is always the difference between
the actually measured values of the target patches (printed with the
either the original or with the last, previously refined profile) and
their corresponding reference values. And if the measured values differ
significantly from the reference, then this simply implies that the B2A
table of the original (or the previously refined) profile is inaccurate,
or that the printer's behavior has drifted significantly since the
previous refinement, and the newly established correction profile will
attempt to fix this (at least partially; it may take several refinement
rounds until convergence).

Yes, I know, but I did not expect the differences to be that big from the
first iteration.

Btw, are the colors you're complaining about actually in-gamut on the
proof printer (or on the used paper)? There is of course no way to fix
out-of-gamut colors.

I am just worried about the WP( CMYK 0,0,0,0 ) and the Yellow 100%.
Regarding other patches, some of them are actually in the target that was
used to create the printer profile in the first step.

Thanks,
Marcel