[argyllcms] Re: DTP-94 vs Spyder II

  • From: Stefan Döhla <color@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 22 Aug 2007 12:15:45 +0200

Graeme Gill schrieb:
Stefan Döhla wrote:
I do have a Spyder II and am quite happy with it (although it's only working under Win32). But I read on some forums that it will not be able to capture the full gamut of my hopefully soon ariving NEC2690WUXi (>92% AdobeRGB).

That seems highly unlikely given the nature of colorimeters. Because they
are input devices, they don't have gamut limits as such.

NEC says in the Readme to its current Spectraview software:

The ColorVision Spyder2 color sensor has been tested with the the NEC LCD2690WUXi and LCD2180WG-LED displays and found to cause inaccurate measurements when measuring the color primaries. This is due to the wide color gamut aspect of these displays. This may result in an inaccurate calibration and ICC Profiles to be generated. At the moment using this color sensor is not recommended with these displays.

If I buy another affordable monitor colorimeter it'll probably be a Gretag i1 Display (or X-Rite i1 Display now) since it's widely supported and I heard no complaints from anyone so far.

The impression I have been given is that the i1 Display is not as good an
instrument as the DTP94

It seems to me like the DTP94 is discontinued ;-(

Stefan