[argyllcms] Re: DTP-94 vs Spyder II

  • From: Graeme Gill <graeme@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 22 Aug 2007 13:37:03 +1000

Stefan Döhla wrote:
I do have a Spyder II and am quite happy with it (although it's only working under Win32). But I read on some forums that it will not be able to capture the full gamut of my hopefully soon ariving NEC2690WUXi (>92% AdobeRGB).

That seems highly unlikely given the nature of colorimeters. Because they
are input devices, they don't have gamut limits as such.

If I buy another affordable monitor colorimeter it'll probably be a Gretag i1 Display (or X-Rite i1 Display now) since it's widely supported and I heard no complaints from anyone so far.

The impression I have been given is that the i1 Display is not as good an
instrument as the DTP94