[argyllcms] Re: DTP94

  • From: robbie <roberto.tomas.cuentas@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 14 Jun 2010 08:35:56 -0400

El lun, 07-06-2010 a las 23:24 +1000, Graeme Gill escribió:

> If your aim is to measure your actual daylight color temperature,
> then the DTP94 is not the instrument to do this. It is a colorimeter
> that is tuned for typical CRT and LCD display primaries, not daylight
> spectrum. To measure daylight at all accurately you need a
> spectrometer
> such as the ColorMunki or i1Pro.
>
> Graeme Gill.

I'll take a look at the source code -- although best would be a
specification, unless the driver completely fulfills the spec.

Why would you suggest I need $500 systems to get round-about accuracy to
measure daylight? Television sets more-or-less universally come with
sub-$10 ambient light measuring systems that are sufficiently accurate
under the two main sources of (well understood) light: daylight and
incandescent light. Isn't it because the sources of light are so
invariant (relatively) that you only need the most rudimentary means of
measurement?

Afterall the quality of daylight does change with cloud cover -- but in
a predictable way.

--
Roberto