[argyllcms] Re: DTP94

  • From: Graeme Gill <graeme@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 07 Jun 2010 23:24:50 +1000

robbie wrote:
was just to provide context. My question is, are the datasheets
available for the DTP94 anywhere? Argyll is billed as supporting DTP94
"out of the box", but for my part I haven't been able to find
documentation specific to my device at all. Please help with that! :)

X-Rite certainly used to provide the Programmers manual to anyone
who asked for it. If they don't do this any more, all I can suggest
is to see if you can get what you want from Argyll's DTP94 driver
code: argyll/spectro/dtp94.c.

But I'm puzzled as to what you want to do with your DTP94 and redshift.

(It's always better to tell people what you are aiming to do, rather
than assuming a particular approach. You might find that you've
not understood what's involved, or overlooked a far simpler approach.)

If your aim is to make the display color temperature more accurate,
then you should simply use Argyll to create a profile for you,
and then convert your color temperature to an XYZ value, and
lookup the RGB values using the profile (using absolute colorimetric
intent of course.)

If your aim is to measure your actual daylight color temperature,
then the DTP94 is not the instrument to do this. It is a colorimeter
that is tuned for typical CRT and LCD display primaries, not daylight
spectrum. To measure daylight at all accurately you need a spectrometer
such as the ColorMunki or i1Pro.