[argyllcms] Re: DTP94

  • From: robbie <roberto.tomas.cuentas@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 07 Jun 2010 08:10:02 -0400

El vie, 04-06-2010 a las 12:10 +1000, Graeme Gill escribió:

> robbie wrote:
> > I'd like to set up redshift (software) with readings for the ambient
> > light in my room, so I can keep the color prof. in tune with my
> > conditions. Can you help me in any way with this?
>
> You'll have to be a bit clearer about what you are trying to do.
>
> What is "redshift" ?

you know -- I can't find the project page online or I'd link it. :S it's
a gnome applet that adjusts the color temp of the screen, applying an
icc_profile at various times of the day. rather than just using fixed
times and adjustments, I'd like to have the actual light around me
involved in the equation.

> > I can't find a datasheet anywhere for the life of me - my colorimeter is
> > a DTP94 (Monaco Optix XR: 0x0765 0xd094 X-rite).
>
> Datasheet on what ?
>
> The DTP94 doesn't have an ambient light capability.

Nonetheless, that's exactly what I'm looking for, the datasheet on the
DTP94. I'd really like to know how I can interface with the hardware
through the /dev device + kernel module on my machine.

> Graeme Gill.

Thank you Graeme, there's lot's of good info in your response and --
even if I dn't quite have the tools to do what I'm looking for, I guess
I'm learning something just looking into it.