[argyllcms] Re: DTP41 transmittance help

  • From: Graeme Gill <graeme@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 02 Sep 2009 14:40:43 +1000

Doug Private wrote:
Hello Graeme,

Thank you for giving this a try.  The firmware appears to be the same in
both models,
and the hardware does appear to be the same, so there would appear to be a
good chance.

I'm not so sure.

If you could help just a little more it would be appreciated.  I am not sure
if the problem
I see is the third input pin or a setting in the unit.

Doubtful, as I said, even with the genuine base, it doesn't work.
The base has two settings, black or white/transmission.
With it set to white/transmission, it fails.

If you could try the
following it may
help narrow it down.

Command '0119CF' - transmission measurement mode.
Does this fail for you with error 3F or succeed?
The light comes on and it may be probing pin 3.

It returns an error BF/3F, DTP41_TRAN_LAMP_ERROR

If you try 0119CF on the DTP41T with the base switched to black does it
still work?  This would narrow down if the unit is probing pin 3, the light
channel, or an internal setting.

It doesn't work in either position.

With the DTP41T instrument, 0119CF returns 00,
so the instruments are not identical.