[argyllcms] DTP41 transmittance help

  • From: Doug Private <doug17r@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 2 Sep 2009 12:59:37 +1000

Hello, the DTP41 is still useful and I am trying to add a transmission
measurement light to a standard DTP41 but have had only limited success.
The light connects via a three pin connector: pin1 is a 5.7 Volt stable
source (the IC is rated to 100ma) that is turned on only when the light is
needed, pin 2 is the return 0 Volt, and pin3 appears to be an input as is
does not appear to be driven.  Adding lights between pins 1 and 2 does give
some limited success - the light does turn on and off at the appropriate
times, but the DTP41 reports error 3F 'transmission light error or
personality not supported.'  I have tried a few inputs on pin 3 but no
luck.  When attempting to enable transmittance measurement mode using 0119CF
the light does turn on briefly but it returns error 3F.  When attempting a
white calibration '01CT' the light turns on in sequence, but the calibration
aborts taking a measurement, returning error codes 27 and 3F.  Would anyone
have a transmittance base that they can examine for clues?  Can a
transmission base be installed on a standard DTP41 and used with only a
calibration?