[argyllcms] Re: DTP41 - is it useful?

  • From: "Charlie" <dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> (Redacted sender "chpine2" for DMARC)
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 20 Dec 2017 10:49:17 -0800

I run a Colormunki spectro directly on the paper. I use the typical Argyll sequence - targen, printtarg, chartread, colprof. For example, a run of 638 patches on two sheets produced peak error 1.72 and decent prints by eye. This was for a Red River matte paper.  I set the patches 11 mm wide and read the strips freehand Yes, I have to re-read some strips when chartread detects a bad read.

On 12/20/2017 10:32 AM, edmund ronald wrote:

hey, as I remember my i1 just rubbbed on the paper, ruler or no ruler ... btw the Colormunki software from Xrite makes decent profiles without a ruler - although of course we shouldn't praise proprietary software :)