[argyllcms] Re: DTP41 and Linux

  • From: Graeme Gill <graeme@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 27 Jun 2006 22:25:50 +1000

Alastair M. Robinson wrote:

BTW - whatever you've changed since 0.53 regarding the perceptual tables is resulting in *much* more neutral greys with the perceptual intent here - a very slightly warm cast (which I'd put down to the ColorMouse!) is gone.

The neutral handling within the gamut mapping is quite altered in the upcoming release. Rather than adapting to the destination spaces black point, it retains the source profile sense of neutral. It is also far more "reversible" in retaining the black depth, and being able to undo luminance range compression/expansion.

However, the midtones (and particularly skin-tones) seem to be quite a bit darker than before. (I'm using the -c3 -d0 parameters, BTW - which you suggested ages ago as a way of getting lighter output from the perceptual intent.)

Try -c2 again, and see if this is any more to your liking.