[argyllcms] Re: DTP32R - is it supported?

  • From: Roger Breton <graxx@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 26 Dec 2008 12:55:34 -0500

I was pulling your leg. I know how hard it is to have access to *some*
color-related measuring instruments only to discover that its measurements
would actually be useless for the purpose of color management. There is a
limit to what can be done with StatusT or RGB filter-based density
information. In the old days of GATF hegagon and hue-error and grayness this
density information would be good for something. But it was always yield a
"static" view of the associated print process. Maybe good for setting up
controls on a drum scanner? I can't say because I never had the chance to
actually work on a drum scanner...

Roger