[argyllcms] DIY color target for photographers

  • From: "Lars-Daniel Weber" <Lars-Daniel.Weber@xxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 15 Oct 2011 17:16:05 +0200

Hi there,

last week I've met a service provider, who can print on plastic
in high quality using pigmented inks. He also can protect the
surface agains scratches and UV radiation.

Wouldn't that be a nice solution for a DIY color target for
photographers? The production of 50 targets would cost around
USD $470, which would be less than $10 for each target.

He told me, there is only a small chromatic aberration in a
charge - so there wouldn't be a need to measure each target.

Although I am very satisfied with my ColorChecker Classic,
I'd like to have an alternative target (I'm always afraid of
scratches and it only has a lifetime of 2 years...).

Does anyone have an idea for a target pattern? Skin colors,
white and gray balance etc? I think, there is need for PANTONE.
Should I ask him for PANTONE support?

Best regards,
Lars-Daniel