[argyllcms] DIY ColorChecker chart ?

  • From: "Lars-Daniel Weber" <Lars-Daniel.Weber@xxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 7 Aug 2015 19:35:46 +0200

Hey.

I want to do some photoshootings with students as soon as school starts again.
Last year, a friend borrowed me his ColorChecker chart, this year he'll take it
to holidays.
http://www.mathworks.com/matlabcentral/fileexchange/screenshots/7577/original.jpg

Wouldn't it be possible to print a target with large swatches, profile it and
use it when starting the shooting?
The official ColorChecker software detects the cart automatically, this isn't
needed - I could crop it in Photoshop.

But what's the right workflow? Is it possible at all? Of course, there might be
problems with metamerie, but since I'm doing high-end photography, it might be
enough to try.

Best,
Lars-Daniel