[argyllcms] Re: Custom "non-Argyll" charts

  • From: Normand Fortier <normand.fortier@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 21 Dec 2019 12:42:21 -0500

Gerhard,

I don't know enough to know how serious the "hole" is. My concern is not that that there is more space between patches in the center region in an absolute sense, it's that the additional gray patches replace patches that would normally be in that center region a short distance from the gray axis.

Normand

Le 2019-12-21 à 12 h 12, Gerhard Fuernkranz a écrit :

Am 21.12.19 um 16:28 schrieb Normand Fortier:
Yes, I should have been clearer. The following command:

$ targen -v -w -W -d2 -G -g128 -f1800 test

will produce a target with that "hole" around the gray axis (try it and look at the testd.x3d.html file in your browser).

Well, from the top It looks like a "hole", still I don't think that the average/max *3D* distances of the full-spread points to their nearest neighbor point is really larger in the center region than nearest neighbor distances in other regions. What happens is that the direction to the nearest neighbor is almost normal to the gray axis in the center region (due to the large number of fixed gray axis points), giving just the illusion of larger 3D distances when projecting the 3D space to a 2D plane from the top.