[argyllcms] Re: Custom Illuminant

  • From: Roger Breton <graxx@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 03 Jul 2014 07:44:27 -0400

You are right, clipping will happen in transforming the most saturated CMYK
values to the monitor, depending on the gamut size of the monitor space.
Soft proofing the saturated cyans, for example, requires a very large
NEC-like or Eizo or HP Dreamweaver-like kind of monitor to accurately view
the data without clipping. Thank's.

Sorry Robert.

Best / Roger