[argyllcms] Re: Crushed Shadow Details (2)

  • From: Jos van Riswick <josvanr@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 26 Dec 2011 00:43:25 +0100

hello Graeme,

thnx.. 1) but shouldn't the profile generated by dispcalGUI / argyll
account for making the non-zero display black equal to the black in the
image?  (see 'Black output offset' paragraph in
http://dispcalgui.hoech.net/). Maybe I'm mixing up things..

2) I also read this:

http://www.argyllcms.com/doc/CrushedDisplyBlacks.html

It seems to work, the darker tones look normal, but the saturation of the
colors decreases a lot

3) can you recommend a color managed image viewer (or editor) that you know
and use yourself, that I can try to see how the profiles work ?

kind regards

josvanr