[argyllcms] Re: Creating an abstract profile
- From: Graeme Gill <graeme@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Date: Fri, 20 Jul 2018 12:15:44 +1000
Yves Gauvreau wrote:
Any chance of doing that in Argyll?
sorry, not easily. There would need to be 3 new tools:
* A tool to turn a .ti1 into a raster file, with each test value
mapping to one pixel.
* A tool to turn each pixel in a raster file into a value in a .ti1 file.
* A tool (analogous to refine) that converts two .ti1 files into a device link.
People have fudged the workflow in the past, but it takes some effort, i.e.:
1. Creating a test patch set and test patch raster image in the usual way.
2. Compute a .ti3 using fake read and a standard profile (i.e. sRGB)
3. Run the image through the color conversion you want to imitate.
4. Use scanin to convert the altered RGB raster values into CGATS values.
5. Create a second .ti3 by substituting the scanin values into the
6. Create two device profiles from the two .ti3 files
7. Create a device link between the two profiles.
Other related posts: