[argyllcms] Re: Converting XYZ to RGB

  • From: Graeme Gill <graeme@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 31 Aug 2010 13:48:51 +1000

János wrote:
I could easily create the required custom test chart and take the measures
but I have a ti3 file with XYZ values and I need RGB values.
Is there an easy way to convert my 256 XYZ coordinates into RGB format?

The target color space is Rec709 (sRGB primaries and D65 white), I think...

You can use xicclu to convert a series of XYZ values to device values.
Typically you would open the .ti3 in a spreadsheet, and
cut and paste to a text file, to be redirected into xicclu.

You would need a Rec709 profile though. Perhaps lcms can
be used to construct such a profile, if one is not available.