[argyllcms] Re: Conversion of spectral file to .cie
- From: Graeme Gill <graeme@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Date: Sat, 15 Oct 2016 15:04:50 +1100
Tomas Sobek wrote:
While I am not sure the above procedure is correct, I wanted to calculate the
using alternative way and cross-check them. I found that Argyll CMS includes
look like the right tools, as per http://www.argyllcms.com/doc/Scenarios.html
txt2ti3 ColorCheckerSG.txt ColorCheckerSG spec2cie ColorCheckerSG.ti3
But I failed miserably. My spectral file includes 24 rows of numbers, 36
each row. And my result was: txt2ti3: Error - No patches
not surprisingly, since your data is not in a CGATS format. txt2ti3 needs
go on, and expects CGATS headers and patch identifiers to be able to proceed.
Typically any tool used to measure the patch values will have a CGATS format
output option, so I don't quite understand how you have ended up with raw
Comparing various sources I guessed some stuff and I ended up with a TI3 file
to load first into spec2cie: argyll: Error - Input file doesn't contain field
Your file isn't properly formatted to be a .ti3, since .ti3's relate device
values to CIE values, and your file doesn't contain any device values.
You don't really want that anyway, what you want is a CGATS file that
relates the patches to the spectral values, and txt2ti3 and spec2cie
will cope with these sorts partial .ti3 files.
You can make it work with spec2cie, but you need to fix a few things:
* Delete COLOR_REP "XYZ_RGB"
* Change DEVICE_CLASS to "OUTPUT"
* Turn all your reflectances into percentages (i.e. multiply by 100).
Other related posts: