[argyllcms] Re: Contributed ccmx files

  • From: Konstantin Pyanzin <kokap@xxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 27 Oct 2010 22:29:21 +0400

Wed, 27 Oct 2010 19:35:16 +0200 Dariusz ?urawski wrote:
> Hello!
> > Yes,  that  is  true.  My  ccmx  matrix  and  the matrix from the list for
> > "Spyder3 + HP LP2475w" combination are different. Completely different.
> What  instrument  did  you  use to create your own matrix? Did you validated
> accuracy  of  your  Spyder/matrix combo with this instrument? If so, what dE
> values did you achieved?

I used a Spyder3Elite colorimeter and an i1Pro as the reference
spectroradiometer.
I compared created profiles only.
For example, Green stimulus in each profile:
i1Pro: x=0.2279, y=0.6863
Spyder3Elite without correction: x=0.1987, y=0.6556
Spyder3Elite with my correction matrix: x=0.2270, y=0.6899
Spyder3Elite with correction matrix from the list of contributed ccmx files:
x=0.2540, y=0.6872

> > P.S.  BTW my Spyder3 works fine in Quato iColor Display when setting "Wide
> > Gamut  S-IPS (generic)" colorimeter correction option. (I compared it with
> > i1Pro.)
> Interesting.  What  was  the  results  of  validation?  I assume that you've
> calibrated  and  profiled your monitor with iColor/Spyder and then validated
> this  calibration/profiling using i1Pro. Maybe you're lucky and your Spyder3
> have  small  reading  variations  from generic (mean) values, but I'm afraid
> it's not the case for most Spyders.
> --
> Best regards,
> Darek

I calibrated and profiled with the Spyder3Elite without correction, then with
the Spyder3Elite with "generic" correction and then with the i1Pro.
Then I compared profiles in GamutVision.
For Green stimulus:
i1Pro: x=0.2252, y=0.6895
Spyder3Elite without correction: x=0.1954, y=0.6585
Spyder3Elite with "generic" correction: x=0.2173, y=0.6888

It isn't a great result, but it is better than nothing.

Best regards,