[argyllcms] Re: Compensating for dark paper colour

  • From: Graeme Gill <graeme@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 24 Feb 2010 07:52:55 +1100

Idea Digital Imaging wrote:
Is there any way I can use Argyll to compensate for this dark paper colour while making the device link conversions?

Not currently. I do have an experimental tool for such a thing, but (unless
you are running on a Mac or are prepared to send me files to run though
it) I probably can't help you at the moment, since I'm away from home. That
approach requires a .ti3 from a similar printer + whatever details you have
about the actual print conditions (ie. so if it was a press setup for Fogra39
but different stock was being used, the stock measurement, or even a test strip
measurement for printing on the stock.)

Note that since often relative colorimetric (or similar) intents are
being used, printing with a profile for a different stock will have
the correct white point, but will differ if the ink interacts with
the stock differently.

Graeme Gill