[argyllcms] Re: Compatibility with i1 (Eye One) Display Pro 3 retail and OEM?

  • From: János, Tóth F. <janos666@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 17 Feb 2012 00:21:09 +0100

A ccss with RGB only (I created it from RGBW measurement and deleted
the last entry) will make dispcal to crash.

A ccss with RGBW is closer to the ccmx from RGB.

So, to sum it up:

The matrix from RGB gives the best, the matrix from RGBW gives the
second closest (but similar) and the ccss (doesn't really matter how
many but must be at least RGBW) the worst match to the spectro. (It
doesn't mean it's the best match to reality, just to this spectro but
this is the best I have and why would I trust in the colorimeter
better...?)

A matrix from RGB seems to give a nice match to the spectro even if
the display isn't additive. (But it can be tricky if not practically
impossible to work around the faulty DSP and measure the native RGB
primaries...)