[argyllcms] Re: Compatibility with i1 (Eye One) Display Pro 3 retail and OEM?

  • From: Graeme Gill <graeme@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 08 Mar 2012 01:11:21 +1100

János, Tóth F. wrote:
> There are usually 60 frame refreshes (for US TV but differs for 50Hz
> EU TV and ~24Hz Blu-Ray contents) but every refresh is divided into
> ~10 sub-fields (the actual number may differ between picture modes and

Hi,

If it's all contained with the main refresh, then the normal
refresh display measurements should work fine.

> And then there is the over-laying spatial/temporal dithering with the
> full frame refresh periodicity.

What I'm wondering is whether any of the spatial/temporal
dithering adds sub-harmonics to the refresh, causing flicker at
lower frequencies, and if so, whether these will be lower than 25 Hz.