[argyllcms] Re: Compatibility with i1 (Eye One) Display Pro 3 retail and OEM?

  • From: Graeme Gill <graeme@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 07 Mar 2012 19:38:18 +1100

Kristian Jörg wrote:
> If needed I can assist with the mentioned debug settings on the i1d3 with
> Argyll to help find a
> method to read plasmas for Argyll profiling.

I had another idea of how to calibrate the i1d3 to the refresh period,
and after some effort, it seems to work when tested on CRT displays.
I've no idea how well or badly it works on DPL or Plasma.

I've updated this <http://www.argyllcms.com/disptools.win32.zip> for those
interested - use -yr to select "refresh" type display, and -v will show
what the calibration is doing. It will be in the next release too.

It will only help if the display refresh period doesn't divide
evenly into the default integration time of 200msec.

Refresh rates that _do_ divide evenly into 200 msec,
and for which this change is likely to make _no_ difference, is
anything that's a multiple of 5Hz (ie. 25Hz, 50Hz, 60Hz, 75Hz, 100Hz etc.)

[An interesting question is what is the period of Plasma Dithering is ? ]