[argyllcms] Compatibility with X-Rite Products

  • From: Edmundo Valle Neto <edmundo.valle@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 14 Mar 2013 13:54:42 -0300

I just bought an Asus Zenbook UX32VD and Installed Linux Mint 14, the colors of the screen are really funny and very different from my old laptop a Toshiba Satellite.

The software that cames in X-Rite products are intuitive but im new about calibrating colors in Linux.

So I would like to ask the folowing.

I have available to buy here in Brazil, X-Rite i1 Display PRO and X-Rite Colormunki Display (thats cheaper), do Argyllcms works with those calibrators?

Another thing thats nor really related to ArgyllCMS, but maybe someone knows about it. Is it possible to calibrate linux using a virtual machine? Like a X-Rite product installed in Windows inside Virtualbox and pick the ICC profile generated and apply to the host system? If its possible, do ArgyllCMS generate better results?

Kind Regards.

Edmundo Valle Neto