[argyllcms] Re: Colorport CGATS to Argyll CTI3 conversion utility

  • From: "David R. Gangola" <dgangola@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 09 Feb 2006 19:32:54 -0800

Graeme Gill wrote:

The expected path from GMB to Argyll is to use the "logo2cgats" conversion
tool.

Graeme Gill.

Was there an existing path from ColorPort to Argyll?

While I'm feeling clueless, let me ask another question.  Or two.

One of the printers I've been profiling is a Canon iP8500 using after market inks and paper. The resulting colors are very good, but using the perceptual intent yields images with slightly lower than desired contrast. I've been using an abstract profile with "profile" to tweak the contrast. The abstract profile was created by adjusting 1024 patches in Photoshop with the "Curves" adjustment. The patch values extracted, (yet another utility) and converted to the abstract profile with refine.

Is there another, or easier way to do this?

The black ink I'm currently using (Lyson Fotonic) has a blue cast. The paper white reads as slightly blue as well. The default perceptual mapping places the gray axis between the white and black points, resulting in a blue cast to resulting images. I adjusted the gray mapping factor in "profile" to a value (0.4) which yielded a more pleasing result.

Again, is there another, easier way to do this?

Thanks in advance for any help, and please pardon my ignorance.

Regards,
    Dave Gangola