[argyllcms] Re: Colormunki Windows Driver

  • From: Graeme Gill <graeme@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 15 Jan 2010 16:32:10 +1100

Ben Goren wrote:
On 2010 Jan 14, at 5:32 PM, Graeme Gill wrote:

darkbasic wrote:

Same problem: how to completely delete the driver?
What worked for me was to [sacrifice a goat, read its entrails, and dance naked
by the moonlight in the patterns revealed to me in a dream].

And people wonder why I don't do Windows (unless paid lots of money)....

Hmm. Figuring out how to really remove Windows drivers was far more
straightforward
than say:

        Figuring out how to recover my test system when I installed Win7 and
        forgot the magic set-the-install partition to Boot so it doesn't
        write its bootloader over everything else...
or
        Figure out how to write a udev rule to create the necessary
        libusb /dev/bus/usb/00X/00Y devices that works on a bunch of
        different Linux distro's
or
        Try and figure out a set of instructions on how to use
        usermod and groupadd given that different Linux/Unix systems
        don't actually have a common sub set of useful or consistent
        options for those utilities
or
        Figure out why Argyll's CMYK inversion code seems to return
        seemingly random black generation results for certain sequences
        of color lookups.

etc. :-(