[argyllcms] Re: Colormunki Windows Driver

  • From: Graeme Gill <graeme@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 15 Jan 2010 11:32:06 +1100

darkbasic wrote:

Same problem: how to completely delete the driver?

What worked for me was to delete the driver using Device Manager,
and then manually delete the .dll in windows\system32, windows\syswow64,
and the .sys file in windows\system32\drivers.

Doing a search usually reveals where things are hiding.

(A search that included system files confirms that there are
 no other copies under windows\).

So, with Argyll drivers installed I find:

   Windows\System32\libusb0.dll
   Windows\SysWOW64\libusb0.dll
   Windows\System32\Drivers\libusb0.sys

Windows\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\colormunki.inf_amd64_neutral_d0blahblah\
       colormunki.inf
       colormunki.PNF
       ColorMunki_x86.cat
       libusb0.dll
       libusb0_64.dll
       libusb0_64.sys

After uninstall with "delete drivers" I find:

   Windows\System32\libusb0.dll
   Windows\SysWOW64\libusb0.dll
   Windows\System32\Drivers\libusb0.sys

After manually deleting the remaining (using command shell as administrator):

   (nothing under Windows\)

If I plug in the instrument again, I am able to "update" the divers
and install the Argyll drivers by pointing at the .inf file.