[argyllcms] Re: Colormunki Windows Driver

  • From: Graeme Gill <graeme@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 14 Jan 2010 02:45:24 +1100

darkbasic wrote:
On Windows 7 x64, even if I sign the driver manually (right clicking on libusb0_x64.sys and then selecting properties show me the "digital sign" tab, assuring me that I really signed the driver) I cannot install it.

I'm not sure why that would be. After managing to get a copy of Windows 7
Professional 64 bit installed on my test machine (but not before it had wiped
out the MBR and boot sectors and wrecked booting to the XP, & Vista
partitions...)
I followed the same process I outlined in this email
<//www.freelists.org/post/argyllcms/Colormunki-Windows-Driver,6>
and as for Vista 64, it all worked fine.

Rather than "TestMode" messages in each corner, there is just one on
the bottom right. It was a little confusing when I plugged the
i1pro in, since it straight away popped up a window claiming that
drivers for it had failed to install, when of course it doesn't
even know where to look. Ignoring that I opened up the device
manager, found the i1pro and then "Updated" the divers,
this time pointing it at the libusbw directory. Installation
was then successful, with the usual warnings about an unknown publisher.

Again, confusingly there was a window behind the device manager
window saying that the drivers had been successfully installed,
saying that driver installation had failed, but I suspect this
was a window triggered by plugging the i1pro in initially.

Running spotread confirmed that the device was accessible.