[argyllcms] Re: ColorMunki measurement drift

  • From: Roger Breton <graxx@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 26 Sep 2010 13:54:26 -0400

Hallo Jurgen,

I have both a ColorMunki and an EyeOnePro here. Maybe you can guide me in
some comparative testing for you? I'm kind of busy these days but I can give
it a try...

BTW, I am no video engineer but, sometimes, I wonder to what extent is the
110V/220V input voltage fluctuation could influence the monitor emitted
light? Crazy idea, I know.

First reading, you say, was "White level = 156.70 cd/m^2" + "6610K".

After 19 consecutive readings, you say you get "White level = 152.46 cd/m^2"
+ "6958K".

The Luminance drop is only 3%, which is not so bad. But I agree the CCT
shift of +348K is troubling?

Black level going up, anything below 1 cd/m2 measured with these
"affordable" instruments (i1pro, Munki, DTP92), is to be taken with a grain
of salt, IMO. These instruments are never sensitive enough to measure such
low light levels with any precision or accuracy.

I would like to try to replicate your findings, if I could? You may have a
slightly "defective" ColorMunki, unless they all measure with that kind of
precision. Which I'm not sure.

MfG / Roger