[argyllcms] Re: ColorMunki measurement drift

  • From: Graeme Gill <graeme@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 04 Oct 2010 14:14:33 +1000

János wrote:
So, what is the conclusion?
But what about the absolute accuracy? I think I would trust in the very
first measurements. If the instrument doesn't work with temperature
compensation than it should be accurate at the standard room temperature.
Isn't it?
So, a "warm-up" can produce much more stable but drifted results.

Absolute accuracy is difficult to assure without a calibration
reference. Such references are expensive, and themselves need regular
calibration against standards. This is not within the scope of entry
level instruments or users.

There is no particular reason to assume that a cold reading is going
to be more accurate than a warm reading. The conditions under which
the instrument emission mode was factory calibrated is not explicitly
stated, although one could assume that they are the same as reflective
measurement :- 23 degrees C.