[argyllcms] Re: ColorMunki measurement drift

  • From: János, Tóth F. <janos666@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 1 Oct 2010 12:02:02 +0200

So, what is the conclusion?

It is confirmed that the readings are much more stable after the
acclimatization. (It is understandable.)

But what about the absolute accuracy? I think I would trust in the very
first measurements. If the instrument doesn't work with temperature
compensation than it should be accurate at the standard room temperature.
Isn't it?
So, a "warm-up" can produce much more stable but drifted results.

May be we should apply a software based temperature compensation, like the
existing one for the colorimeters. (A correction between the standard room
temperature and the acclimatized temperature.)