[argyllcms] Re: ColorMunki chartread suggestions

  • From: Graeme Gill <graeme@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 18 Nov 2010 08:21:34 +1100

Vittorio Villani wrote:
Hi. I would like to know (I am using a ColorMunki to read some stripes from
Epson4880).

1) To read stripes is it good or not to use the -H (high spectral mode)
parameter?

The -H parameter is not likely to make much difference for reflective reading,
because reflective colorant spectra are usually smooth.

2) Do you suggest to use the -T (tollerance) parameter? I already did the
colprof
and generated an ICC profile but I am not full satified.

Only if you are having trouble reading the strips because the screening
is coarse, or the material is particularly uneven.