[argyllcms] Re: ColorMunki Photo: new_disprd() failed with 'Instrument Access Failed'

  • From: Pascal de Bruijn <pmjdebruijn@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 10 Jul 2014 18:58:29 +0200

On Thu, Jul 10, 2014 at 4:30 AM, Graeme Gill <graeme@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Pascal de Bruijn wrote:
>
> > I'm wondering whether this has anything to do with which version of
> libusb
> > argyll has been built against (which is 1.0.17 on ubuntu 14.04).
>
> Hi,
>
> ArgyllCMS hasn't used libusb since V1.6.0. It's possible to build it
> to use the old Argyll libusb, but I don't test it at all. At some
> stage I'll remove even that.

Ah. That explains why I (using ldd) didn't see any linkage to libusb... I
presumed it was statically linked in...

> So if you are building using exactly the same source code, it
> seem like a puzzle. I have fixed a couple of bugs in the USB
> code to do with timeouts, that particularly affected the DTP94
> - you may want to build
> <file:///D:/usr/graeme/www.argyllcms.com/Argyll_dev_src.zip>
> and see if it behaves any differently.

Using the dev_src it seems after it has begun to fail, I get a 50%
success/failure ratio. Not just statistically, it seems to be like OK,
FAIL, OK, FAIL, OK, FAIL, ... fairly consistently...

When it's OK, I get the measurement patch quite quickly, like within a
second more or less.

When it FAILs, I do see dispcal being "stuck" for 4-5seconds.

Is there anything I can change to set the timeout to something ridiculous
to see if it's really a timeout issue?

Regards,
Pascal de Bruijn