[argyllcms] Re: ColorMunki Photo: new_disprd() failed with 'Instrument Access Failed'

  • From: Graeme Gill <graeme@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 10 Jul 2014 12:30:23 +1000

Pascal de Bruijn wrote:

> I'm wondering whether this has anything to do with which version of libusb
> argyll has been built against (which is 1.0.17 on ubuntu 14.04).

Hi,

ArgyllCMS hasn't used libusb since V1.6.0. It's possible to build it
to use the old Argyll libusb, but I don't test it at all. At some
stage I'll remove even that.

So if you are building using exactly the same source code, it
seem like a puzzle. I have fixed a couple of bugs in the USB
code to do with timeouts, that particularly affected the DTP94
- you may want to build
<file:///D:/usr/graeme/www.argyllcms.com/Argyll_dev_src.zip>
and see if it behaves any differently.

(Note that colprof and other code has some issues with that
 source, so you probably just want to use the instrument related
 executables.)